Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What to eat in Silay: Seafood

This was my last day in Visayas (April 4, 2012). What did we do? Yes, eat.
FOODTRIIIIIIIP!

After our everyday late breakfast, which was always at 11am (yes, that late; and then we have the nerve to eat lunch at some restaurant right after, haha) we packed up our things and said goodbye to our hosts. Our flight was scheduled at 4pm, so we had a few time to kill. We visited a nearby city: Silay; this is where the airport was located anyway.

It was a pretty, quiet, peaceful, and humble city, not that big as far as I know. No skyscrapers here, nor even dirty industrial buildings; instead there are beautiful antique manors, still the wide roads, and sugar fields here and there, making the city quite picturesque.

Where: Tama Plaza Seafoods Restaurant
What: lunch 



An open and simple restaurant, right above the water. But tourists sure do dig this place!

Fresh oysters! Maybe gross for some, but I enjoy eating these.  Teehee!

My favorite sinigang: sinigang na hipon (shrimp)!

Bangrus! (Bangus, or milkfish, in Ilonggo). Boneless and so good.

A bestseller and easily made my day (haha): sizzling squid.
Not yet full after all those? Yep, that's us. So what next? Dessert of course :)

Where: Cafe 1925
What: cake haven
I have a funny story here. I ordered a caramel machiatto. They told us they don't have at that time. So I chose from the few selections and picked Mango-orange milkshake (the menu said it uses carabao milk). Time passed, we were on our second round of desserts and still my drink has not arrived. So we made a follow-up of my order. They said okay, wait for a few minutes. Again we waited. We nearly finished our cakes but still my drink has not made an appearance. Later, they said they were sorry because they have no mango (or was it orange? I forgot). Instead of being pissed, I just threw a laughter and said, "tubig na lang po" (I'll just have water). Ugh. Haha. Anyway, shakes or coffee or none, the cakes made up for it. Quite a wise move actually because we cannot finish those little cakes! We were already so full.




paintings for sale.
This is the interior of the quaint cafe. It was small and quite dark, but it has an antique and cozy ambiance. The walls are lined with murals and paintings featuring Silay City. I like their capiz chandelier. I saw one replica of it in the Negros Showroom we had visited the day before.

Their very own Sunny Wafer. I like it but it is too sweet for my taste. It is cold and half crunchy, half chewy.

Lemon cheesecake. Deviating from my usual blueberry, I decided to try on this one. The cheesecake was perfect and the lemon atop it was a bit sour but blended well with the sweetness of the dairy.

Red velvet cheesecake. My first time too to taste red velvet; I don't order this much. It was okay but after half of it I cannot finish anymore.

My friend ordered this, so yes there's no escaping from me blueberry! Haha. Love this to bits.


Help! We cannot finish them anymore! Haha.
It was nearly 3pm by the time we forcefully threw down the cakes on our throats (they were not bad, mind you. 'T was actually the contrary. However, our seafood lunch had already occupied our bellies so they were already screaming by the time we were halfway with our heavy desserts). Just an hour to go and we were to leave. Gah, I don't want yet!!! We drove to the airport.

Where: Bacolod-Silay Airport Terminal
What: leaving....
Before entering the terminal, we passed by the BongBong's Pasalubong shop, located at the vicinity of the airport. It was not just a mere shop, it was a LARGE shop and a restaurant too, containing heavenly Bacolod goodies. I picked up piyaya, barquillos, bayi-bayi, and napoleones.

Photo from: http://www.bongbongspiaya.com/branches.html
Photo from: http://www.junkfoodie.com/bong-bongs-special-piaya.htm

Photo from: http://www.foodtrippings.com/page/2/

I like their airport. Looks very modern. It was new, by the way.

Although I'm sad that my vacation is over, I'm enthralled still because THIS WAS MY FIRST PLANE RIDE!



Ahhh, it was truly the sweet life. 


TIME OF MY LIFE. <3 <3 <3





Location: Silay City, Philippines

2 comments:

  1. Hey very cool website!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing ..
    I will bookmark your website and take the feeds also…I am happy to find numerous useful info here in the post,
    we need develop more techniques in this regard,thanks for sharing.
    Paintings for Sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you! Hehe. I'm glad to be of help :D

      Delete